Thursday, June 3, 2010

just a day in june

There was a pigeon hanging out in our living room when we woke up this morning. It was magical.

In other news, the mayor of Arequipa has been at our house the last couple days. Also, Miriam is back from her trip to Trujillo, which is nice since I missed her.

Elsa said she'd love to teach me Quechua. We'll see how that goes. My memory is pretty bad when I can't see something written. Elsa and Lydia are both flat-out rad. I really have to make sure I keep making / make more of an effort to hang out in the kitchen with them. It always goes well, and they are both so nice and so funny.

Misky passed away this week-- reasons unclear. It was sad to see Miriam upset about it.
Also, a girl who a friend of mine knew was found murdered in a hotel room yesterday. The killer is a dude from Holland who is the number one suspect in another murder case. A newspaper headline said "Asesino Gringo."

Raighne and I spent the day in the Mercado Central perusing art supplies, muffin cups, and dried fruit. We also finally went to el Barrio Chino. Asthetically, it was more similar to the Chinatown in Chicago than I had imagined. I mean, from what I could tell from the short while we were there.

The World Cup is starting soon. I'm still bitter about Ireland and France. But regardless, that means it is now June. Time is starting to zoom by. I don't want this semester to end. But I'm super excited for my family and Vik to visit. There is so much I want to show / share with them everday and I'm so grateful that I'll get a chance to do that.
I'm also excited to go back to the midwest and catch the last glimpse of Wisconsin summer. Por el otro lado, I don't even want to think about saying goodbye to friends I've made here...
so I won't :o) until I have to.

1 comment: