Tuesday, June 29, 2010

more bits

- My hard drive has officially waved its (all) white flag (screen) of surrender and died. Though I'm far from thrilled from having to deal with getting it replaced, it's kind of nice not having it, especially since I had everything important backed up. However it does mean not being able to listen to Lila Downs... and probably... not keeping up with this blog. (foreshadowing...)

-I've fallen in love with a man called Tio Bigote. People at la Católica seem to think this is hilarious. But only he understands when a vegetarian has had a rough day (or a great day, or an average day) and just needs a GIANT papa al hilo/fried egg/lettuce/condiments-galore sandwich for S/1.50. (55 cents). I wish I could explain my deep street vendor love more clearly, but I think it's just one of those things you have to experience.

-There are not wall clocks in every classroom here; in fact, there are hardly any at all. Will it be a pain to get used to always knowing the exact minute of the day again and having to be on time/early for class and such things?

-Sometimes I miss Silk and cereal for breakfast (but not on the days we have banana smoothies). The only other things I miss are soft hearty cookies, oatmeal, hummus, barbeque sauce, Madison's variety of restaurants (with vegetarian/vegan options), the co-op fridge, and my parent's amazing cooking in general.

-I have to decide whether to spend the majority of my last month here traveling in the North (Cajamarca, Chachapoyas, Kuelap) or whether to take a border-crossing trip south (Puno, La Paz ... and maybe on to Paraguay with friends for the Foro Social Américas?). Maybe I can do both? There is way too much that I want to see and do! Life is genial.

No comments:

Post a Comment